Ductwork System Design & Installation in Grand Rapids
Good Ductwork Design Optimizes Performance & Home Comfort
Your HVAC equipment isn’t the only thing that determines heating and cooling efficiency. Your ductwork is another significant factor. In decades past, homeowners and home builders didn’t pay much attention to ductwork design and installation. As a result, you may now be interested in optimizing your air ducts for improved performance and home comfort. Grapids Home Services offers the services you’re looking for. We can design a ductwork system from scratch during a new construction project or retrofit your existing ducts.
Do you have questions about ductwork design and installation? Are you ready to get your project started? Contact us today for more information.
The Importance of Good Ductwork Design
It doesn’t matter how advanced your HVAC equipment is—if the ductwork is designed poorly, your home comfort and energy bills will suffer. Efficient heating and cooling relies on several factors, including ductwork size, layout, material, and insulation. If an installer skips any step in the design process, you could be left with significant system shortfalls. That’s why you should team up with Grapids Home Services. With our ductwork design experience and precise installation work, you can rest assured that your HVAC system will distribute air as efficiently as possible.
Get in touch with us to request your free ductwork design and installation estimate today!
Signs of Poor Ductwork Design
With air ducts hidden behind ceilings and walls, how do you know if they could benefit from a redesign? Just watch for these signs:
- Some rooms are difficult to heat and cool.
- Your HVAC system doesn’t live up to its efficiency rating.
- Your heating and cooling costs are inexplicably high.
- The indoor humidity level is difficult to control.
- You can feel drafts coming from the air vents when the HVAC system isn’t running.
- The airflow feels strong from some registers and weak from others.
What Goes into Good Ductwork Design?
Here are the basic principles we follow when designing and installing ductwork:
- Calculate the ductwork size based on heating and cooling loads, the static air pressure inside the ducts, the length of the ducts, and other considerations.
- Situate the air handler as close to the center of the duct layout as possible.
- Design the layout as symmetrically as possible.
- Minimize the number of fittings, diffusers, elbows, and bends.
- Include one return vent in every room that has a supply vent. If a central return vent is the only option, include provisions in the design that ensure unobstructed airflow to the central return.
- Fabricate the ductwork from sheet metal, fiberglass, or approved flexible ducting.
- If zoning dampers are installed, position them as closely as possible to the main trunk.
- Mechanically fasten each joint with sheet metal screws and seal each joint with mastic.
- Keep as much of the ductwork as possible inside the home’s conditioned envelope.
- Insulate any ducts that must be routed through unconditioned spaces.
Schedule Ductwork System Design & Installation in Grand Rapids, MI
At Grapids Home Services, we pride ourselves on being the go-to company for ductwork design and installation in Grand Rapids. Our fully trained technicians will strive to understand your specific pain points and ensure we meet your comfort needs while sticking to your timeline and budget. We want you to feel confident that you’re making the right choice, so we’ll explain all your options and answer your questions before we proceed. For your peace of mind, we provide a 100% satisfaction guarantee and excellent warranty coverage.
If you’re ready to discuss your ductwork design needs, please fill out our online contact form to get started!
Why Choose Grapids Home Services?
Discover The Difference
At Grapids Home Services, our contractors go above and beyond to provide service that exceeds your expectations! Our customers save more on their HVAC with our Service Partner Plan.