Air Conditioning & Heating Services in Walker, MI
Your Local HVAC & Air Quality Experts
Your home’s comfort and safety are top concerns for the professional team at Grapids Home Services. We understand that dealing with a broken air conditioner or faulty heater is the last thing you want to deal with after a long day of work. That’s why we’re committed to bringing you fast, affordable heating and cooling solutions right when you need them!
Our highly experienced and certified technicians will quickly resolve any issue with your Walker home’s heating and cooling systems. Grapids Home Services has been servicing homes in this area for over two decades. We are a local company that’s familiar with the community we serve and its heating and cooling needs. This allows us to diagnose your HVAC issues and provide prompt repairs accurately.
Dependable Air Conditioning Services in Walker
We proudly offer the following air conditioning services to homeowners in the Walker area:
As a rule, it is an excellent idea to have your air conditioning inspected and serviced once a year, ideally in the spring, so that you will be fully prepared for the summer.
Your air conditioner is key when it comes to comfort during the often scorching Michigan summers. However, the last thing you want to deal with is screeching sounds from your unit when you’re trying to relax. If you pay attention to these sounds, they can alert you to AC repairs and other maintenance calls.
Reasons Your AC Is Making Weird Sounds:
- Buzzing: While it might seem ironic, frozen AC parts can be the cause of buzzing sounds. This usually occurs when there is a refrigerant leak.
- Squealing: AC making a squealing sound? It can happen if the belt connecting to the blower has slipped.
- Banging: If your AC keeps banging, it’s more than likely one of the internal parts has come loose. It’s important to have it fixed before it causes further damage.
Running your air conditioner for a while only to realize the temperature hasn’t gone down? It doesn’t necessarily mean your AC needs major repairs or replacing. Some basic troubleshooting can fix the problem.
Common reasons why AC isn’t cooling your home:
- Thermostat set incorrectly: If the air conditioner isn’t cooling properly, check the thermostat. Sometimes, people increase the number to save energy, and dropping the temp might solve the problem.
- Condenser unit is blocked: Many traditional air conditioners include outdoor condenser units. Dirt, grass, and other debris can blow across the unit, clogging the condenser coil, which will prevent the air conditioner from working properly.
- Inadequate AC size: If your AC isn’t properly cooling your home, it might not be big enough! Some homes have undersized air conditioners that can’t reach the whole house.
- Refrigerant leak: The refrigerant changed from liquid to gas form, drawing heat from inside and releasing it outside, while cooling the air. A refrigerant leak can prevent the AC from properly cooling your home.
Heating Services for Walker Homeowners
We offer a full selection of heating services for Walker homeowners to choose from, including:
Furnace Repair & Replacement
- The air filter gets dirty quickly
- The pilot light won’t stay lit
- The thermostat isn’t working correctly
Boiler Repair & Replacement in Walker
There are a handful of issues that you should keep an eye out for with your home’s boiler. If you encounter any of them, have one of our experts come to your home to inspect your boiler. We can quickly repair your current boiler or replace your boiler entirely if needed. These problems include:
- The boiler is more than 15 years old
- It takes longer to heat up than it previously did
- The pilot light has changed colors from blue to yellow
Reliable Water Heater Services in Walker
Grapids Home Services offers fast and efficient water heater installation services in the Walker area. If your water heater is showing any of these signs, reach out to us to schedule an appointment:
- Your water heater is more than 10 years old
- Your water heater consumes a massive amount of energy
- Your water heater has sprung a leak
- Your water heater struggles to keep a consistent temperature
- Your water heater seems to run out of hot water quickly
- Your water heater runs constantly without shutting off
Tankless Water Heaters
At Grapids Home Services, our Grand Rapids tankless water heaters team can help you bring this exciting, energy-efficient technology into your home with a quality upgrade installation service. We’re also proud to offer tankless water heater support through repairs and maintenance services. If you want to keep your tankless water heater working smoothly and flowing as it should, we offer the quality workmanship and long-lasting solutions you can rely on. Whether it’s an annual flushing service to fixing a small leak to dealing with an inconsistent heating element, we’re your reliable one-call solution for all of your repair needs.
Home Air Quality Products & Services
We have a variety of home air quality products and services that we make available to our clients in the Walker area, including:
Why Choose Grapids?
Discover the difference that choosing Grapids for all of your heating and cooling needs entails, such as:
- Warranty and satisfaction guaranteed
- Service Partner Plans
- Appointments scheduled at your convenience
- Money-saving promotions and specials are available
- Hundreds of five-star reviews
- Flexible financing options
- Free estimates on new equipment and installations
- Over 20 years of experience
Why Choose Grapids
Discover The Difference
At Grapids Home Services, our contractors go above and beyond to provide service that exceeds your expectations! Our customers save more on their HVAC with our Service Partner Plan.