Air Conditioning Repairs in Grand Rapids
Air Conditioning Repair To Restore Comfort in Your Home & Business
If you need a repair to your cooling system, feel free to contact Grapids Heating & Cooling. Our professional AC repair team can fix all makes and models of air conditioners. When it gets hot in the Grand Rapids area, the last thing you want is to be stuck in it when you should be comfortable in your home or business. You can count on us any time of day or night for exceptional, affordable work that is guaranteed*.
We back all our work whether it’s repairs, installations, or replacements. Our AC repair technicians are fully trained and experienced to handle any air conditioner repair and will resolve your air conditioning issues today!
AC Repair or is it Time for a Replacement?
Every air conditioning system has a lifespan that can mean replacement instead of continuing to sink funds, effort, and time into repairing it again. At some point, even our Grand Rapids AC repair can only help so much and the system is no longer useful to you.
There are reasons to replace it instead of continuing AC repair, including:
- If the AC is already 15 years or older – On averave an AC unit lasts 10-15 years, so if it’s much older you shouldn’t sink money into a dying unit that’s going to need to be replaced soon anyway.
- If the AC is causing an increase in your energy bills – As AC units age, they’ll get less efficient over time. So if your AC is costing you more each month, then you shouldn’t throw more money into fixing it unless it brings down your electrical bill.
- If the AC is breaking down more frequently – Our Grand Rapids AC repair experts will always be happy to come in and fix your unit. But if you’re getting to know them by name they’re over so often then replace your unit and save money in the long run.
- It requires R22 Freon – Because of the 2020 Freon Ban, AC units that require the banned refrigerant will become more and more expensive to run. While the use of the coolant isn’t banned, the production has stopped so it is going to get more scarce as time goes on.
- An expensive repair – If the cost of an AC repair job multiplied by the age of the unit in years exceeds the cost of a new unit, then make the switch. An expensive repair on an old unit is going to cost more money in the long run than making the switch.
Our heating and Grand Rapids AC repair technicians will diagnose your system during repairs. You can count on us to be honest with you about repair or replacement because we know to treat our customers right with reliable service and expertise.
Why Is My Air Conditioner Not Cooling the House?
Do you turn on your AC only to find that it’s not working? If your air conditioner is not properly cooling the house, there can be a number of reasons wrong.
Before you panic, here are a few things to check:
- Check to see if the thermostat is set to “ON” instead of “AUTO”
- Check to see if your air filters are clean (dirt blocks air from passing)
- Check the outside condenser to see if it’s dirty
The most common reason why your air conditioner won’t turn on is because the air condenser is dirty or blocked. This is the unit placed outside of your home that’s subject to dirty, leaves, and other debris.
If you checked all these things and your AC still isn’t cooling your home, it’s time to call the professionals at Grapids Heating & Cooling. We have the experience and tools to accurately diagnose the problem and provide lasting solutions.
Why Is My AC Making Strange Noises?
There’s no denying your air conditioner is key when it comes to comfort during the summer. However, the last thing you want to deal with is screeching sounds from the AC when you’re trying to relax. If you pay attention to these sounds, they can alert you to AC repairs and other maintenance calls.
Reasons Your AC Is Making Weird Sounds:
- Buzzing: While it might seem ironic, frozen AC parts can be the cause of buzzing sounds. This usually occurs when there is a refrigerant leak.
- Squealing: AC making a squealing sound? It can potentially be because the belt connecting to the blower has slipped.
- Banging: If your AC keeps banging, it’s more than likely one of the internal parts has come loose. It’s important to have it fixed before it causes further damage.
Why Is My AC Running But Not Cooling?
Running your air conditioner for a while only to realize the temperature hasn’t gone down? It doesn’t necessarily mean your AC needs major repairs or replacing. Some basic troubleshooting can fix the problem.
Common reasons why AC isn’t cooling your home:
- Thermostat set incorrectly: If the air conditioner isn’t cooling properly, check the thermostat. Sometimes people increase the number to save energy and dropping the temp might solve the problem.
- Condenser unit is blocked: Many traditional air conditioners include outdoor condenser units. Dirt, grass, and other debris can blow across the unit, clogging the condenser coil, which will prevent the air conditioner from working properly.
- Inadequate AC size: If your AC isn’t properly cooling your home, it might not be big enough! Some homes have undersize air conditioners that can’t reach the whole house.
- Refrigerant leak: The refrigerant changed from liquid to gas form, drawing heat from inside and releasing it outside, while cooling the air. A refrigerant leak can prevent the AC from properly cooling your home.
It’s Never Too Late for a System Maintenance
Whether you have an older or newer air conditioning system, maintenance and tune-ups are imperative. Newer systems should be maintained in accordance with the manufacturer’s warranty in order to keep it active*. Plus, you’ll extend the life of the air conditioner and get all the energy savings it’s supposed to give. A dirty air conditioning equipment cannot perform well. Dirt, grime, parts that need adjustment, lubrication, and more will not only affect how often you have to make repairs but also how soon you’ll have to replace it. To receive regular Grand Rapids air conditioning maintenance along with exclusive discounts and priority status, you may want to sign up for our Service Partner Plan.
Why Choose Grapids
Discover The Difference
At Grapids Heating & Cooling, our contractors go above and beyond to provide service that exceeds your expectations! Our customers save more on their HVAC with our Service Partner Plan.