Furnace Repairs in Grand Rapids
Getting Your Furnace Up & Running Again
Our heating contractors at Grapids Heating & Cooling are the experts you want for all types of residential and light commercial furnace repairs. Our experienced heating contractors are licensed, insured, and fully trained for repair on many types of furnaces. Since 1999, we have provided expert work on furnace repairs to keep our customers safe and warm in their homes during the cold season. We are ready to repair your existing furnace when you need help, day or night, weekend or holiday. Whether it’s scheduled furnace repairs, emergency repairs, or furnace maintenance for optimal performance and energy savings, our Grand Rapids heating contractors will work hard but efficiently to keep you warm and comfortable.
5 Common Signs Your Furnace Needs Repair
If you notice that your furnace doesn’t seem to be running as efficiently as it once was, it could be an early indicator that your furnace is in need of repair. Whether you are hearing strange noises come from your furnace, dirty air filter or even a malfunctioning thermostat, we’ll make sure you receive our expert Grand Rapids furnace repair services. Below we expound more on each of these 5 signs you can be on the lookout for to make sure you are properly maintaining your furnace system.
Common Furnace Problems:
- Dirty Air Filter – One of the most common furnace problems, it could just be a clogged or dirty air filter. Clogs can prevent air from the furnace to properly circulate the home. It will also cause the system to have to work twice as hard and it can shorten the lifespan of your system.
- Mechanical Wear & Tear – Wear & tear is completely normal when you use your furnace on a consistent basis. When one part suddenly stops working it can cause the entire unit to breakdown. Mechanical wear and tear can cause all sorts of different problems with your furnace.
- Lack of Maintenance – Furnace maintenance is often neglected and a very common problem with furnaces. When regularly scheduled maintenance doesn’t happen, your furnace can be more prone to breakdowns.
- Pilot control issues – If your pilot or ignition controls are very important and if they malfunction, keeping your home warm will be almost impossible.
- Malfunctioning Thermostat – If your thermostat isn’t working properly it will not allow your furnace to turn on or produce any heat to be circulated throughout your house hold. A broken thermostat can also produce too much heat and make your home very uncomfortable.
Professionally Trained in All Types of Furnaces
We proudly repair all types of furnace makes and models for your home or business including:
- Emerson® White Rodgers
As local community members, we stand behind all the work our heating contractors perform. You can count on Grapids Heating & Cooling, Inc. to arrive on time and provide professional, friendly furnace repair services.
Gas Furnace Repair Pros
When it comes to gas furnace repairs in Grand Rapids and the surrounding areas, it’s important your heating contractor is qualified to make them. Gas appliances and gas lines need special handling in furnace repairs. If you have a gas furnace that needs repair, we are ready to help. We ensure our professional team is experienced, fully educated, and certified to repair, replace, or install your gas furnace. We also provide them with the latest tools, equipment, and fully stocked trucks. As your trusted heating contractors, we will do the job right the first time with efficiency and expertise. Whether you have a whole-home gas furnace or a unit that serves only one room, we are ready to handle your gas furnace repairs day or night.
Can an Old Furnace Make You Sick?
The average furnace lasts for 15 to 20 years. Older units start breaking down more regularly, which isn’t just a nuisance for your comfort, but can be bad for your health. That’s because the gas and oil that older furnaces use can be hazardous.
How Older Furnace Can Affect Your Health:
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning: Older furnaces can produce carbon monoxide – exposure too which can harm your health. Keep an eye on the pilot light. You want it to be blue, if it’s yellow you might have a carbon monoxide leak and should call a professional immediately.
- Respiratory Problems: Dirty air filters and build up of debris, pollen, and allergens can wreak havoc on individuals with respiratory issues. A new furnace can help mitigate this problem.
- Fire Hazard: Because old furnaces run on oil and gas, they can become a fire hazard.
What to Check If Your Furnace Isn’t Working?
When the temperature drops in Grand Rapids, you rely on your furnace to keep things cozy and comfortable. The last thing you want is for it to stop working. Luckily, there are things to check to solve the issue.
Check the Following If Your Furnace Stops:
- Air filters: Dirty air filters can block air flow and trap the heat in the vents, leaving your home colder than it should be. Replacing old air filters can be a quick way to get your furnace working.
- Gas valve: Make sure your gas valve is open. If someone turned it off, it will prevent gas from entering the furnace. Simply turn it back on to enjoy warmer temps.
- Thermostat: Make sure your thermostat is working. If it’s not working, your furnace won’t know when it’s cold enough to turn on.
Furnace Maintenance in Grand Rapids
Do you want to extend the life of your furnace? Just like any other mechanical equipment, regular maintenance is key to keeping your furnace at peak performance for a long time. Grapids Heating & Cooling, Inc. offers comprehensive heating system inspection and tune-ups that can be scheduled regularly when you sign up for our Service Partner Plan. This exclusive membership also gives you discounts and priority status when calling for any of our services.
Keep our number handy so you have it ready when you need help. For the best furnace repair and service in Grand Rapids, call our expert team at (616)-453-1099!
Why Choose Grapids
Discover The Difference
At Grapids Heating & Cooling, our contractors go above and beyond to provide service that exceeds your expectations! Our customers save more on their HVAC with our Service Partner Plan.