Duct Cleaning in Grand Rapids
Improving Indoor Air Quality & HVAC Efficiency
Many homeowners need to schedule duct cleaning for their HVAC systems. Duct cleaning can be done to help with cleaning the indoor air inside the building or home while also increasing the efficiency of your heating and air conditioning systems. However, we know that our air duct cleaning in Grand Rapids, MI is only one solution or step to take for air cleaning. If you’re interested in breathing non-toxic, quality air every day, our professional team at Grapids Home Services, Inc. can recommend other indoor air quality solutions for your home.
How is Our Duct Cleaning Done?
If you’re noticing an excessive amount of dust entering your home, it may be time to clean out your air ducts. Our expert airduct cleaning in Grand Rapids, MI can help. Our duct cleaning steps are as follows, we inspect the ducts, create negative pressure in the ducts for our vacuums, we then agitate the dust to allow our vacuums to clean the air ducts as efficiently as possible and then we will clean the rest of your system. We further explain each step in the bullet point below,
Our Duct Cleaning Steps:
- Inspect Ducts – With a simple visual inspection, our technicians can tell if the ducts need cleaning. Often times you will see an excessive amount of dust build up around the duct vents.
- Create Negative Pressure – We use portable vacuums specifically design to suck dust as well as debris from your ductwork. But, before that can happen, our technician will make sure that your air ducts are completely sealed before using the vacuum. Creating that seal will help our vacuum create negative pressure that pulls all the dust and debris into the vacuum.
- Agitate the Dust – Our expert duct cleaning technicians will use rotating brushes, compressed air tools and even simple vacuum cleaners to help break up and dust and debris that is stuck to in hard to reach places.
- Clean the rest of your system – After we have finished your duct work, we’ll make sure that the rest of your system is properly clean as well. This means, that we’ll clean off your blower motor, drain pan as well as the evaporator coil.
We offer affordable rates, honest quotes, and expert services for all your HVAC and indoor air quality control needs. Call (616)-453-1099 or complete an online form today for your free, upfront quote.
What is Negative Air Pressure Duct Cleaning?
Negative air pressure is often the second step during duct cleaning where professionals will use large, portable vacuums to remove dust and debris from your ductwork. HVAC techs hook the vacuum hose to the duct before sealing each register. They then turn the machine on, which creates the negative pressure. This will help remove contaminants from the duct and prevent them from circulating in your home.
Reduce Air Pollution with Duct Cleaning in Grand Rapids
Indoor air quality can be so polluted that it’s actually toxic. According to the EPA, the indoor air can be 100 times more polluted than the outside air. The last thing you want in your home is bad quality air that is bad to breathe.
The problem is that many pollutants, harmful vapors, and allergens aren’t detectable without the proper equipment with many being odorless vapors that you don’t even know are there. Air testing can be done to find out what’s in your indoor air and what needs to be done to resolve the problem. Duct cleaning should be done in combination with other methods.
Problems You May Be Harboring Within Your Ductwork
When your ductwork is not properly wrapped or installed, a certain amount of moisture can get in that allows the growth of mold, algae, and possibly bacteria. You can also be harboring these organic substances due to high humidity within the home. For this, duct cleaning and a good humidification system are warranted.
Grapids Home Services, Inc. recommends regular duct cleaning for homes with:
- Pets and human dander– Pets and humans are constantly shedding skin, which creates dander in the air. Also, hair floats around in your indoor air at all times. Cleaning the ductwork is a great start but should be paired with air cleaners.
- Home repairs, remodeling or new construction– Any time you’re tearing into building materials or adding new insulation, there will be tiny particles in your air that can cause you harm if breathed in or ingested. These materials coat your ducts and other HVAC equipment. These building materials also release contaminants that are harmful if built up to toxic levels.
Many just do not realize what’s actually in the air that’s trapped indoors. Your home needs an air cleaning system for the entire square footage as well as air conditioning and heating tune and duct cleaning. With our air duct cleaning in Grand Rapids, MI, your heating and cooling system won’t be circulating around dirty air constantly.
How Often Should You Clean Your Ducts?
As a general rule, the National Air Duct Cleaners Association (NADCA) recommends having your ducts cleaned every three to five years. With that being said, more frequent duct cleaning may be necessary under any of the following circumstances:
- One or more smokers live in your household
- You have pets that shed high levels of hair or dander
- A member of your household suffers from a respiratory problem or allergies
- You have water contamination or damage to your home or HVAC system
- Your home currently has or has recently had a vermin infestation
- You have recently moved into a new home
Signs Your Ducts Need to Be Cleaned
Telltale signs that indicate you need professional duct cleaning include:
- Dust buildup on or around your air vent registers
- Excessive debris on or around your air filter
- Visible bursts of dust exiting your air vents
- Musty or moldy odors when you run your air conditioner
- Increased monthly heating and cooling costs
- Residents continuously experience severe allergic reactions in the home
If you are interested in duct cleaning in Grand Rapids, MI, please call (616)-453-1099 or complete our online request form. You may also want to sign up for our Service Partner Plan so you can have regularly scheduled duct cleaning.
Why Choose Grapids
Discover The Difference
At Grapids Home Services, our contractors go above and beyond to provide service that exceeds your expectations! Our customers save more on their HVAC with our Service Partner Plan.